Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Feature W.O.W.!

Sometimes you'll get more W.O.W.s than other times because I get so many looks going on in my head, that I have to release some of them to my blog to free some brain space. ;)

With the holidays right around the corner, some of us will be attending many functions where we will need to dress to impress and release our inner creative diva since its trapped inside by wearing business wear for the daily grind. I think this look (with three choices for a skirt) is great for a holiday party!

Go for a "blousy" black top to start with. This will go with anything, from skinny gray jeans, black leather leggings (you know I'm a fan!), or a tight, sharp skirt! The blousiness of the top will look great paired with the tightness of the bottom half of the look. Choose a material that is somewhat thin--if the material is too thick, it will look too shaped, too boxy.

Here's a great example:

For the look today, we're going to pair it with three different skirts--showing versatility for your wardrobe. These could be key pieces that get paired with many different items to get the most bang for your buck!

Skirts with a tight, higher waist will balance the loose fit of the top. The skirt you choose will depend on bold you wanna go!

No matter the skirt choice, pair it with black, opaque tights and a pair of booties like these.



If choosing the first or third skirt, be daring and throw on that sequin blazer to stop everyone in their tracks. If choosing a skirt like the second (sequin one), finish it off with a knit hat to balance all the *whoa* of the sequins. Add some leather gloves to spice it up with even more edge!

*xoCHMxo*

4 comments:

  1. Can you please be my stylist and come dress me every day? Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't that be fun?! And I could play with Brian every day...he's a doll! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Courey, I'm trying to wear a black skirt at work but I'm just not sure what's IN right now with stockings!?? And what kind of booth or shoe to wear ... it's like average 5C here (41F) so, I still want to dress warm... It would be cool if you would make a W.O.W report on skirts in the cold season ;) Thanks xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, Shannon! I will write that tomorrow! What is the length of your skirt? And are you wanting a higher heeled shoe with it? I'll come up with options. Be on the lookout tomorrow! ;)

    ReplyDelete