Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Feature W.O.W. Factor

Get excited! Its Wednesday...and I'm bringing back the wear of the week! With my job, I have now spruced up my closet with fashion-forward career pieces. To incorporate style, while staying professional, may seem to be a no-brainer, but I'll admit, it can be quite the task! In fact, some days it makes my daily morning routine stretch a bit longer than it should! But here's a jazzy alternative to the standard business "look."

How about ruffling some feathers with a super slim-fitting, button-up top teeming with flourishing, romantic ruffles around the neck. Colors are great, but white is always so classy looking. Unveiling Figure A:

Pair this top with a business-dress version of the "skinny" pant. The pair I have came from Anthropologie. Super slim-fitting dress pants actually look better when they are just a bit longer than ankle length paired with a fabulously tall shoe! The ones shown below are Alice + Olivia, but I would have them shortened to where they hit right at the top of the heel of your shoe.

And here's the greatest news: don't be shy about the amount of bracelets you stack on your arm. Its even better when they aren't so matchy-matchy. Gold bracelets mixed with jeweled bracelets mixed with a thicker bangle mixed with some pearls would be perfect. Don't forget a skinny gold belt to tie the outfit together.

And we must not forget the shoes:




Go for a super tall pump with some type of embellishment that make them show-stoppers. At work, its always fun to be able to get creative with your footwear. Show off your personality!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this look! I especially adore the shoes!! It's so hard for me to justify these clothes now that I'm a stay-at-home mom!!! AHHHH! Now I'm itching badly to go shopping.... :)

    ReplyDelete